Thursday, November 12, 2009

Medical job without heavy lifting?

I am interested in a career in the medical or health field. I love helping people, and I greatly enjoy learning about medical and health related issues. Problem is I herniated 5 spinal disks back in 2001 and lifting anything above 15 pounds is still risky. I would like a clinical position, as opposed to an administrative/paperwork job. I have checked into diagnostic medical sonography, radiology technology, physical therapy, etc. - but they all require you to be able to lift patients. I have thought about dental hygiene - but I don't find the field of dentistry appealing. I also thought about being a nurse in a doctor's office since there should be little to no lifting - but the internships are done in hospitals so while in school, I would be expected to lift patients. Can anyone think of a clinical position in medicine where I wouldn't have to lift patients or move heavy equipment? (Even Respitory Therapists have to push machines that weigh 600 pounds.) Thanks in advance!

Medical job without heavy lifting?
first thing that pops into my head is pharmacy.





i almost went that route. but decided to go with emergency medicine instead.





reasoning, is that i did a job shadow for a day, with a pharmacist. i got his insight, and watch him do his job





i walked away, with the knowledge that it is the most boring/repatative job in the health-field today. of course there important, and 1 slight miscount in dosage could kill someone. it is still repatative and boring (this is actually what the pharmacist told me)......





it sounds like it might suit you, atleast for now. alot of pharmacys need pharmacy tech's. catch is that your standing all the time. but atleast doing a few months at that job, you'd walk away with a good refrence, and a foot in the door, that leads you into the medical world
Reply:Nutritional therapist.


No comments:

Post a Comment

 
vc .net