Thursday, November 12, 2009

Can you trust your doctor?

I am not questioning doctors' medical expertise but if they rally have your best interest at heart. Here's my experience.





I had a tooth extracted due to a root canal infection and my oral and maxillofacial surgeon told me that I should have my surgery for a dental implant in 6 months but by dentist told me I could wait 8 months.





Also, he made me book a appointment, regarding a dental implant. I came and he told me that he did not have the equipment to do my oral imaging and referred to me an oral imaging facility. He also charged me for the appointment. I had to come back for the dental implant consultation.





I changed dentists and had the first surgery for a dental implant. My surgeon than told me that I could have my next surgery in 4 months but my new dentist told me that I should wait 4-6 months for my second surgery.





He's also supposed a highly regarded oral and maxillofacial surgeon, considered one of the best in Canada.





Anyone have any similar experiences?

Can you trust your doctor?
I've had many doctors and dentists...some were good, some were bad.





I've heard that some dentists will tell people they have a cavity or more than they do, just to "fix" it and get the money for it. I looked into after I had gone my entire life without any cavaties, always took excellent care of my teeth, visited the dentist every six months....then out of the blue, they tell me I have 3 cavaties.





I had one gyn that wouldn't prescribe me BCPs due to her religious beliefs...needless to say I only visited her once.





I had a radiologist tell me "People like you waste time on our machines when other people really need sonograms," despite the fact my gyn had referred me to have something specifically checked.





But on the other hand, I've had some medical professionals go out of their way to make sure I was satisfied with the care I received.


No comments:

Post a Comment

 
vc .net