Thursday, November 12, 2009

Can you trust your doctor/dentist?

I am not questioning doctors' medical expertise but if they rally have your best interest at heart. Here's my experience.





I had a tooth extracted due to a root canal infection and my oral and maxillofacial surgeon told me that I should have my surgery for a dental implant in 6 months but by dentist told me I could wait 8 months.





Also, he made me book a appointment, regarding a dental implant. I came and he told me that he did not have the equipment to do my oral imaging and referred to me an oral imaging facility. He also charged me for the appointment. I had to come back for the dental implant consultation.





I changed dentists and had the first surgery for a dental implant. My surgeon than told me that I could have my next surgery in 4 months but my new dentist told me that I should wait 4-6 months for my second surgery.





He's also supposed a highly regarded oral and maxillofacial surgeon, considered one of the best in Canada.





Anyone have any similar experiences?

Can you trust your doctor/dentist?
I am sorry to hear about your negative experiences with your surgeon.





To answer your question, it really depends on the doctor. There are doctors who view their practice as a business and treat you as a mere means to an end (money). There are also doctors, who genuinely care about their patients and view you as a person, with intrinsic self-worth.





Here are some of my experiences. My family doctor constantly attempts to make me book unnecessary appointments.





I heard of a free dental clinic in Parkdale (one of the poorest areas in Toronto); the dentists are all volunteers and all of the services are free. Some health professionals have a heart.





Hope this helps!
Reply:my doctor molested me when i was in high school. He held my balls and made me cough.

Yellow Teeth

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
vc .net